Monday, 1 September 2014

Trusting God With ALL Your Tomorrows

I cannot believe it's SEPTEMBER! Happy September everyone.

I have been learning the 'art' of trusting God. I guess when you think about it too much...how we aren't where we want to be yet, we get so anxious, so sad, so down in the damps because we cannot see the future. Then we begin to ask God, 'Lord, why? Why did I not get this job? Why did this person get married when I have been so good and faithful to You?'


If you have never questioned yourself, you're lying to yourself. As humans, we ALL get anxious. We pray and ask God to bless us with good friends...then we complain about our friends. We pray and ask God for a husband, then we complain about our husbands not being good enough. We pray and ask God for a good job, then we complain about our jobs not being good enough either or it's too far or the people are too mean. We ALL complain, we all grumble. But what you do today will shape you for tomorrow.



Whenever I worry, grumble or complain, the Lord directs me to this scripture; Matthew 6:25, "Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"


Although it's easier said than done, let's look at the one man who DID trust God with all his 'tomorrows'. Abraham. In Hebrews 11:8, "By faith, Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."
Abraham was quite old when he got that call. He probably had a lot of plans for his family, his nephew, Lot and his wife, for the children, BUT, the Bible (Genesis 15:6), "Abraham believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness"

It's easier said than done though because we always ask 'what if'? This can bring us down, it weighs us down, we fret, we worry but God tells us Himself, "Why do you worry about clothes? The flowers of the field grow. They do not labour or spin...if this is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - YOU of little faith?"

Let me tell you something. I am a graduate. I have no job...well, I do but it's not a graduate job...not the ideal job. I have had a number of interviews and I have faced rejection. BUT I know it's not the end of the world. Yes, I face sadness and complain for a while, BUT when I look at others, they stress, they mourn and complain continuously. I know that as God's Child, I shouldn't WORRY. God Himself TOLD me. He has taken care of me up to this point. He has been faithful. He has supplied. I have faced failure and He has put me through. It's easy to say you trust God, you have faith in God but the real test is when you're going through something bad and you HAVE to trust God. I recently read a story of a young woman who killed herself because of the number of rejections she'd gotten after graduating from University. ----> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267953/Job-seeker-Vicky-Harrison-commits-suicide-rejected-200-jobs.html <----

Oh...you can complain and say, "Why, oh, why do bad things happen to good people? Does God hate me? Did I hurt you, Lord?" BUT the Lord always has an answer (That's why He's amazing, LOL). He tells us in Psalm 34:19 - "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all."
If you know you trust God, if you KNOW He has always been there for you and you are faithful to Him...surely then You know He can bring you out of whatever you are going through. Suffering comes to ALL of us. 

LISTEN, this life will not be easy. Some of us go through so much worse than Job went through. But you have a choice. You can either complain...stating 'why did God allow this to happen to me?' and forget what everyone else is going through, being self-centred. This makes you confused, you will have no joy, you will be depressed, depressing everyone else around you. The question is not WHY but HOW you will react to it. God has allowed it BUT always remember you are in God's will. You will be a testimony by the way you react. 

King David took it positively when he said in Psalm 119:71-72, "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."

AND

Look at how Paul took his suffering. He could have thought about it and been depressed but instead he said, "I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel..."
God is not a mean God. He surely does not want you to lose faith in Him. God is faithful. When we are suffering, HE looks at how we react. How long do we sulk? How long do we question His faithfulness? Paul is a great example because he even wrote to the Phillipians during his time of suffering in Phillipians 4:10-13, "I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me but you had no opportunity. Not than I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to be abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things from Him who gives me strength."



If you're a Christian, is CHRIST being preached through your reaction? Is it panic? Is it complaining? Is it faith? Is HE being preached? If people know you're Christian, do they see someone who trusts God?

So...do not WORRY. Well...try not to worry. Let your AFFLICTION be the message of God's faithfulness.

I will leave you with Phillipians 2:14, "Do all things without grumbling or disputing that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation..."



Prayer:


Heavenly Father, thank You for Your continued faithfulness. I know You, Lord, and and I will rejoice because You care, You keep Your word, all things will work for my GOOD, Your eyes are on me, Your promises never fail. I will not be afraid. Help me to trust in You completely. I know You will see me through and guide me.

Amen!




If you want the full message, listen to it on here 




No comments:

Post a Comment